Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Project #1: Ceilings are overrated

After our closing on Friday, we decided job #1 must be the dirtiest, nastiest, biggest project in the reno - putting the ceiling in the floor. From past experience, we know if we (meaning Stacy) can survive this udder chaos and filth, all the other projects will be downhill from here.

We are vaulting the ceilings in the living and dining rooms and tearing out the walls between these rooms and the kitchen in order to open up our living space.

So here is our lovely living and dining room bright and early Monday morning:



And here it is just a few hours later...



And the man who makes this magic happen:

3 comments:

  1. I was just driving through this area the other day because we used to rent a town house there and remembered how much I ADORED all the homes! Seriously.love. I'm sure yours will be one I add to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. this stresses me out.

    glad you have a handyman on your hands :)

    good luck! and i hope you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy ,WOW! You are a Do-It-Yourselfer EXTRAORDINAIRE! I am impressed mixed with a little jealous (can't decide if I wish I had the skills and know-how for myself or of I'd married someone with them.) I am so glad I found this post you made to the blog, I almost missed it. Can't wait to see how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete